Cool inverts?

OceanCrazy

Reefing newb
I am interested in some nice inverts to put in my 75, I kinda like inverts more than just fish. I have my cuc, but wanted to know what cool inverts that i can add that will have me just looking at them for hours.

You can't go wrong with shrimp (blood or cleaner)...if your tank can support it, you could look into sea cucumber, conchs, brittle/serpent stars, feather dusters, clams, emerald crabs. These are all inverts I've had or currently have that keep me entertained.

if you like really amazing inverts, and do NOT want to have fish i'd say go with a mantis shrimp, IMHO the peacocks look the nicest. but then you are severely limited as to what you can keep with it. they are like the sylvester salone of the saltwater world.

i have 3 or 5 turbo snails, about 40 Dwarf Ceriths,20 Florida Ceriths,15 Nerites and had about 20 nass but can only see about 4 or 5. Getting some more for cuc. i have a sea hare and an urchin.

Even the skunk cleaner? Cause i thought those were the brave ones that dont get eaten by some fish since they are of use to them. But hey not risking it both ways.

i had a shrimp that was twice the size of my lion, he was in the tank about a month or so longer. Marty couldnt fit the cleaner in his mouth so he just ripped his head off.

You could risk it, but the cleaner shrimp was such a visual creature, my tank seems empty without him. Oh and because of that, my lion will only eat live shrimp :c so in my honest opinion it wasnt worth it.

I can't wait to get a couple pom pom crabs to put in my tank. They are a little reclusive but if you get a few then there will be a bigger chance to see them out and about your tank.

Back