copperband

bullitt21

Reefing newb
i just got my first copperband today.does anyone have any good info on how the kept theres?i seen people keep them up to 8 months but not much past then.i have some apistia and was going to go the lfs to see if they have any rocks that have any on them that i can buy and store in my sump till he has all the ones in my tank cleand up.:^:

hey bud well first off they are difficult fish to keep alive they will eat coral clams aptasia. yote is the guy to talk to about this he had his for 8 months i think

hey james.i knew they are hard but i bought him for 20 at lfs.he was going to die there.all and how in the hell do i get rid of this hair algae.

thanks.i have been waterchanges like crazy and my water parms are all good.just cant get rid of that damn hair.is it possible to have to much water flow in your sump?

that is a question that i dont know about. i would say no just becasue it is just like a fish tank good flow keeps things suspended in the water for the skmmer to get rid of it

You probably wont be able to culture enough aiptasia to keep a copperband fat and healthy and personally,I think thats the key to keeping copperbands.

I have seen where people feed them live blood worms to keep them fat. They also love to eat tube worms and pods. If you have a local club ask to barrow rocks with aptesia and return it or exchange for other rocks. I had one for a year and it died while I was on vacation.

The LFS just sold one to my client for aptasia control, problem is he only has a 34 imperial gal tank, lots and lots of dusters and aptasia, I'll be cathing a fish soon and sending it back to the store yay for me.

Back