Coral ID???

SalteeDogg

Reefing newb
Can anybody identify this coral for me? The pic is really bad and I can try and get a better pic if needed. It looks like its melted wax in person. Thats the best way I can describe it. Let me know what ya think.

21mta0y.jpg

p2lbb.jpg

Last edited:
I was told its not a sps, it dont have any polyps that come out. I think the name was something that started with a "p" but I dont remember

sps has polyps dont they? He said its not sps and that it was in his regular tank and not his halide tank and I asked him and he said all his sps are in his halide tanks and that it looks like sps but wasn't. The name he said was something greek. I HAVE NO IDEA!!! I wish it was an sps that means its worth more.

What sps are you thinking? I can tell you real quick if its what you think by going and looking it up. Mine up close has a candy cane pattern its like white and red all swirled together.

At first SPS look like they don't have a place for polyps to come out. But I still think it's some sort of SPS. It may take a while before it extends its polyps.

Its been at my LFS for about a month and I have always seen it and I never seen any polyps on it. Its hard as a rock not fleshy. Next time I go down to the LFS I will have the guy right the name on a piece of paper so I dont forgot it. Also this thing is bigger then a softball and I dont think he would of sold it for $50 if it was sps. He has 1" sps frags in their for $40-50 so thats also why I dont think its sps it was sold too cheap. It was smaller then a baseball when I first saw it and now its huge so I know its a fast grower for sure.

Back