coral Id

Greenman

Reefing newb
So I traded a 5 lb live rock full of mushrooms and Kenya trees for a 3 headed frogspawn frag and another frag I have no idea what it is. Anyone ID this?

Attachments

• 20140716_192516.jpg
    20140716_192516.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 289
That's what I thought as well but my LFS assured me it wasnt. so i'm confused. It doesnt really puls but it does open its ends and close every now and than.

I have one and it's started dropping arms. The cool thing with Cespitularia is that you can put small pieces of rock under them and they frag themselves quite nicely. I paid $15 for mine and have already sold 6 daughter colonies for $15 ea and put a colony in each of the other tanks.

Nice, I have Kenya tree's and Mushrooms EVERYWHERE. I recently got the frog spawn and the cespitularia so im hoping they take off, also going to be getting some polyps here really soon and some finger leather.

I'm waiting for my Red Sea Regal angel to get here Tuesday, apparently they have a taste for Kenya tree corals and I just happen to have a few to feed it. We'll see how this experiment goes.

As for the Cespitularia, they are great nitrate sinks so keep some small rocks around it for when it starts dropping branches. here's a pic of mine, got it from Pacific East Aquaculture.

ju5briL.jpg

They use some nitrates in their tissues, just like Xenia. I saw a local guy's tank that had a HUGE colony of them and his tank looked amazing.

Back