Coral Recommendations?

reefraiser

Reefing newb
Well, I am in the market for some new corals and I was wondering what everyone recommended. I am not looking for anything that is extremely difficult to care for. Some color and character is what I want. I can't remember the exact number but I believe our tank has like 4.4-5 wpg. No halide lighting...

I was also wondering if there was a better alternative to an anemone for a Clownfish. Is there any coral it would bond with? Our last anemone quit eating and we had to quarantine it until it ultimately died.....he lived fine for over a year and I couldn't figure out anything that would have killed him. The tank is stable and all our corals have done great.

Another thing to keep in mind is that I am a cheap-o so please don't recommend insanely expensive frags...

Anyway, any recommendations would be great!

a toadstool goes well with clowns, mine are hosting in one at the minute. For colour and ease why not go for mushrooms and ricordeas, you can get some very nice ones.

I had a torch coral that my clowns LOVED!! it eventually died more than likely because of water quality. But they lived in It whenever it was healthy.

Hairy mushrooms are good. Every tank with a hairy mushroom and a clown at my LFS has the clown hosting the it.

Your anenome did well for a year and then suddenly quit eating and died. Old bulbs?

For corals, I would suggest you buy some of mine!! :mrgreen: I've got mushrooms (yes even the hairy ones), zoas, Purple Death, and assorted beginner corals.

https://www.livingreefs.com/lps-acan-4-sale-t19743.html

See slideshow link in that thread.

I know!! Shameless plug for my own benefit............ :trampolin

Back