Coralife Aqualight T5 lights problem.

MarshallPlacid

Reefing newb
Hello fellow enthusiasts.

I'm fairly new to this forum and I'd appreciate any help you can give me on a lighting problem I have.

I own a Coralife Aqualight that I purchase about 20 months ago.

This is a tech question.

I believe my model is discontinued. The Aqualight light fixture has 3 different types of lights: lunar + T5 CF (I believe) + 1 x 150W metal halide all in 1 single unit.

The T5 CF is not turning on. This is the problem. I just noticed it a few days ago.

But, the 150W Metal Halide and Lunar are working fine in the same single unit.

The 3 different types of light in the 1 single unit uses 3 different power cords, each lighting type using its own cord (so the T5 CF uses 1 cord, the lunar uses 2nd cord, and the Metal Halide uses the 3rd cord).

May I ask what is wrong? and, is there a part I can purchase to fix the problem?

I inspected the T5 bulbs (there are 2 of them for 1 single Aqualight unit) and there are no burnt marks or any sign that the bulbs expired or quit working.

Maybe, it is the electrical components that feed power to the bulbs?

Any help is appreciated.

More then likely its the ballast on the t5 bulb has gone bad. Ballasts can be changed but you need some basic electrical knowledge. If you dont, which it kind of sounds like, maybe talk to your lfs and see if they can help you.

Back