coralife lighting system for 20g Long

S2kdriver

Reefing newb
i ordered from my LFS the coralife fixture for my 20g Long. its a 30" strip with 2 bulbs in it. it comes with a low output T5 and another one. not sure which one. but im wondeirng what other corals i can have now? i only have a coralife 50-50 light now, and have a toadstool leather, kenya tree, little piece of zooanthid, button pylops, little green star coral, and a pulsing xenia, but its not pulsing. hopefully the light will fix that! so waht else can i have. i want a anome (spelling) for my clown. and others if i can!

also the toadstool leather is a alsome coral. its big, about 4" across, and was only 30 bucks! sweet deal!!!

Unfortunatly, I doubt that will be enough light for an anenome. They require intense lighting and a stable tank that has been up for about a year.

oops i didnt get to read this until i got it. but when i put the anenome in the tank, it sat its self in a crevis in the rock and opened up really nicely. its a bubble anenome not the tenticled ones. but we will see! if it starts getting bad i will put the other 50-50 strip light on it. and when i moved the toadstool leather its tenticles poped out instantly and seemed to be loving the extra light. but heres my next question

i have a clownfish that was tank raised and i was told never saw a anenome before. now how do i get him to at least see the anenome and get it it.so anyone have any ideas??

also i forgot to add it came with:

10,000k T5 bulb
and blue actinic/ocean bulb

but does the blue actinic bulb supose to be very bright. its hard to tell it on. i think you can see its on, but it dosent seem like its turned on very much??

also will a urchin kill the anemone? its very small, like maby a 1/2 inch around (including spines) very small. and after i put him in the tank he dissapeared. havent seen him since. so will he kill the anemone? thanks!!!!

Your Urchin shouldn't bother your nem, but might go after some of your corals. Also your tank isn't mature enough for the nem. Consider taking it back.

the tanks actually been up for a year. the experience i put as when i started really getting into the hobby. so from what i have read i think it is mature enoughf.

but is there any way i can introduce my clown to my nem?

The clown may never host the anemone. Some clowns (and it doesn't matter whether they're wild or tank-bred) just never take to an anemone.

Also, I don't think that lighting is sufficient to keep an anemone alive. So the urchin is not going to kill it, but your lighting very well may. Anemones need much stronger lighting than most corals, and they are actually some of the more difficult animals to keep in this hobby. It's really unfortunate that most people are misinformed about the high level of care and the high water quality and lighting requirements that these animals have.

Your Urchin shouldn't bother your nem, but might go after some of your corals. Also your tank isn't mature enough for the nem. Consider taking it back.

+1 Dcan you dont have enough light for a nem

The clown may never host the anemone. Some clowns (and it doesn't matter whether they're wild or tank-bred) just never take to an anemone.

Also, I don't think that lighting is sufficient to keep an anemone alive. So the urchin is not going to kill it, but your lighting very well may. Anemones need much stronger lighting than most corals, and they are actually some of the more difficult animals to keep in this hobby. It's really unfortunate that most people are misinformed about the high level of care and the high water quality and lighting requirements that these animals have.

+1 biff you dont have enough light to make that nem happy

Back