Coralife Super Skimmer - no bubbles

lilyicu

FOWLR
I got a new Coralife Super Skimmer. I know that they are very "touchy" skimmers. However, mine will not produce any bubbles. It is brand new just out of the box. Any idea's on how to troubleshoot?

Never mind, at least for the moment I seem to have fixed my problem :)

How's the skimmer working now? I just got one for Christmas and have it set up for the past 3 days now. It's quite a touchy skimmer. The finest adjustment to the water level will either make it foam like crazy or not at all.

How's the skimmer working now? I just got one for Christmas and have it set up for the past 3 days now. It's quite a touchy skimmer. The finest adjustment to the water level will either make it foam like crazy or not at all.

Those are decent skimmers.I ran a couple of em for over a year.But that are touchy.Dont make an adjust then leave for an hour:D If you do you'll come home to a wet floor.
What model did you get?

Those are decent skimmers.I ran a couple of em for over a year.But that are touchy.Dont make an adjust then leave for an hour:D If you do you'll come home to a wet floor.
What model did you get?

Yes, I almost found out the hard way about the small adjustment. I did overflow the collection cup, but by chance I had left a towel underneath the skimmer and it got most of the water before it flooded my carpet. I got the 125 model, which was the smallest one at my LFS. They were having a sale on skimmers. Any tips on how to make it work better or correctly? It just seems that when I adjust the water level it's either not enough or way too much. That's w/ like 1mm turn on the dial. :frustrat:

I am really liking mine. They do a great job. However I just did a water change and must have bumped the large return tube and when I turn everything back on the skimmer overflowed. :( I am still getting used to the skimmer so I have a tuperware container underneath it :)

Theres nothing that I know of that you can do for the touchy adjustments.
The only thing I ever did with mine,was cutting the hose between the pump and skimmer so that the pump was only 3 inches under the water surface.

Theres nothing that I know of that you can do for the touchy adjustments.
The only thing I ever did with mine,was cutting the hose between the pump and skimmer so that the pump was only 3 inches under the water surface.

Yote,

Did you ever notice that when you add food to the tank that the skimmer stops skimming? Every time I add food my water level in the skimmer goes down a bit and the bubbles stop being frothy. It will eventually go back to normal in an hour or 2, but I sometime have to play with the settings again to get it to work properly. Is it becasue mine is still in the break-in period?

Mine has never done that. In fact the opposite happens. When I feed my shrimp and clam the skimmer kicks into over drive and produces more froth.

Back