Coraline Issues ~Help~

Ninja Spear

Bloodsail Admiral
So Since I joined the Forums a few Weeks ago I have been spending more time and Energy into my tank. I started Adding "purple up" for my Coraline Growth, I almost saw Over night results, within a few weeks the stuff Looked like it was taking off like wild fire. All of a Sudden my Super Purple Algae is starting to get lighter in color in spots.

Any Idea's as to what I can do to correct the issue. I dont do any water test PERIOD. So i have no idea what is going on. I just recently found that my Salinity was too High so i Bought and Calibrated a refratometer. And have been working on getting the salt levels down.

What can I test for or add to my tank.

coraline_movie_image__6_.jpg

Coralline will do that.It'll grow great and have good dark color.Then it'll slow down and fade out some.
As for what you really need to test for.Calcium,alkalinity,and magnesium.PH too for a while at least.But test PH just before the lights come on for the lowest reading,then again just before the lights go off for the highest.

+3 Yote
Also wondering why you don't test for anything? How can you know if you are difficient anywhere, or excessive somewhere else?

+3 Yote
Also wondering why you don't test for anything? How can you know if you are difficient anywhere, or excessive somewhere else?

Ugh.... Never thought to check any Levels, I have well water and was told that water were i live is pretty solid for fish tanks. With the exception of Nitrates from the cow fields in area's.

I dont know what the acceptable Levels of well anything except salt is for my tank is. I have Had decent luck with LPS's, shrooms, polyp's and my fish so I havent bothered to check squat. Now that I want to Grow In my knowledge of saltwater aquarium's I figured i would ask a Newb Question.

Looks Like someone has to go to the store to purchase a gang load of test kits. Alot of you like the API test?

+4 yote

and never add anything without testing for it and that includes purple up it is a liquid calcium with ground aragonite.

Ugh.... Never thought to check any Levels, I have well water and was told that water were i live is pretty solid for fish tanks. With the exception of Nitrates from the cow fields in area's.

I dont know what the acceptable Levels of well anything except salt is for my tank is. I have Had decent luck with LPS's, shrooms, polyp's and my fish so I havent bothered to check squat. Now that I want to Grow In my knowledge of saltwater aquarium's I figured i would ask a Newb Question.

Looks Like someone has to go to the store to purchase a gang load of test kits. Alot of you like the API test?

You can purchase the "master test kit" which includes amonia, Ph, Nitrite and Nitrate. You may want to consider getting one for calcium as well if you will be keeping corals.

BTW..............did you bring anything back from your dive this past weekend? I've been looking for follow-ups to your initial thread but see none. Just wondering is all, and would love to see as well.

Man I didn't mean to start a Rub and Tug Thread for Yote. :bounce: Thanks tho.

Thanks all of you for your input.

As for my Dive Trip, Well I ended up not going. I have to wait another 2 months until grouper Opens up in the Gulf again. We had Truck Issues....... But if/when i get something cool I will post it.

It's all good, Yote loves it!

Sorry to hear about the trip not happening. I do look forward to seeing what you come up with.

It's all good, Yote loves it!

Sorry to hear about the trip not happening. I do look forward to seeing what you come up with.

That all depends on WHOSE doin the rubbin and tuggin:mrgreen:

I was wonderin if you'd got anything on that trip to.MAN,sux about the truck trouble knocking you outta that trip.

Coralline needs good alk levels. I've seen little bleach white spots on my coralline because bue-spotted asterina will eat it. I pick them out at night with tweezers.

Back