Corals and Inverts Carry Ick (Ich)

Corals and Inverts can carry Ick (Ich)??

• Yes

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 92.3%

• Total voters
COrals and inverts do not carry ich. It is a fish only parasite. However, there could be some of the free swiming parasites in the water from the LFS. This is very unlikely since the free swimming stage of the life cycle is very short. But, that is why you never want to introduce any tank water from the LFS into your system.

Or any thing wet,that was in said LFS tank water...Why not just QT.Ick is just one of many nasties we can introduce to our tanks.QTing is a good thing.I dare anyone to say its not and support that statement.I leave my QT up and running 365,its full of LR and hermits.Sometimes i just sit and watch it,the hermits are always fighting and trading shells. Take short cuts and possibly pay the price,or QT and look into your DT knowing all is safe.Yes,i know there are people who don't do it and have never had a problem.Not everyone is that lucky,and to me thats just what it is ....luck.

Or any thing wet,that was in said LFS tank water...Why not just QT.Ick is just one of many nasties we can introduce to our tanks.QTing is a good thing.I dare anyone to say its not and support that statement.I leave my QT up and running 365,its full of LR and hermits.Sometimes i just sit and watch it,the hermits are always fighting and trading shells. Take short cuts and possibly pay the price,or QT and look into your DT knowing all is safe.Yes,i know there are people who don't do it and have never had a problem.Not everyone is that lucky,and to me thats just what it is ....luck.

I definantly would QT everything that goes into my tank. If room would allow. We live in a 2 bedroom condo and dont have the room for a dedicated QT. Barely have the room for 5 gallon water change buckets:mrgreen: I have been lucky so far, but have a lightly stocked tank to keep stress levels down and once we get a larger place to live, the 30 gallon tank will become the QT for a larger tank. Saving up for it now :mrgreen:

Back