corals from Mr. Coral

marcah

Reef enthusiast
I have some corals coming from Mr.Coral tomorrow and read on a different post about hikers...
Which would be the best for dipping them
1. freshwater for 15 to 30 secs or so
2. iodine dip..

I read that If you use about 40 drops of iodine per gallon of saltwater would rid the corals of the pests.. Would this be considered true? or should I stay with the freshawater dip for the 30 seconds or so...

I would stick with iodine. I dipped mine in Lugol's... and it didn't get rid of all the pests. I didn't get flatworms from them, but I got these weird little isopods that never were truly identified past that. They haven't done anything bad in my tank... and someone must be eating them because the population is under control.

Yes I have but I have no place to get ahold of it before they arrive.. so I was looking online to see what I can do with what I have at the house.. Have never had a problem before but I just read a post saying people have had pests come with Mr. Coral corals so I figured I would treat before I threw them in..

I was thinking of mixing up the iodine and saltwater for the dip.. You think I should do the fresh instead?

yeah I have the iodine supplement thats why I was leaning toward the dip..
40 drops per the gallon sound right??

Back