Corals growing

have you ever fragged them? everytime i fragged my green star polyps i think it increases the surfice area of them and gives them more room to grow and a faster pace , I have to give away mine cause its taking over

Im probably wrong in saying its an encrusting coral but for my green star polyps its bottom is pink and it will grow out a pink flesh then the little poylps will grow , and if you have over 4 inches square i would cut an inch off super glue gel to anotehr spot, the rock that its on has to be clear of algea and such too, coraline algea i think is ok, but a clean surface for it to spread is better then once it takes off your not going to want to have it :o)

Don't frag it when it's too small, it could overstress and possibly kill the colony.

Strong light, good parameters, and good, strong flow will keep the colony growing. Once it gets big enough, maybe 2" by 2" minimum you can start taking small cuttings. For GSP, a small bit of superglue on the mat bottom will help you attach it to a good rock.

Like most corals, it will grow slowly at first, and, as its surface area increases, grow rapidly.

+2 Daugherty Things really do grow I just posted some growth shots in my build thread its not going to happen over night but it will happen. Also I have been feeding my corals Reef Chili 100% Complete Coral Food They seem to like it. I know Biff all but force feeds her Ricordia tank and they grow and split for her from what I have read. BUT along with over feeding you will have to up water changes and have a good skimmer or you will lead to disaster...fast. Not to seal someones line!

I wouldn't feed those corals anything,I'm not even sure extra feeding would do anything except boost yoru nitrates with those softies and I wouldnt suggest extreme light like metal hylides either, these corals need medium light , it depends on what you have over them, t5 worked great for my gsp and most zoos..stable water perameters are like they said number one things, but if i recal you have a small tank and haveing stabel water perams is unrealistic, in my 29 evaperation alone change salinity in the tank everyday by a lot, depeneds if your running a huge sump too ... I would do water changes on a reguler bases and get the corals use to that too

Fishboy be sure you practice talking to your corals on a daily basis. The love you extend to them will encourage faster growth. :mrgreen:

I would say frequent PWC`s and proper lighting. Frequent PWC`s will accomplish a few important things. 1) They will replenish trace elements that are needed for coral processes.2) They will also reduce excessive nutrients that hinder coral growth and fuel nuisance algeas.

Back