corals

jarock

Reefing newb
i am looking to buy some new corals, but want to put them higher in my tank . They need to be able to take high flow since i have 2 hob aquaclear 110's for main flow. My lighting is 4 t5's 54w each, not experienced enough nor ready for SPS if anyone could give me suggestions on some corals i could put high in my tank that could hand flow that would be awesome ! :)

SPS would be your best bet, but I've seen some LPS like chalices and a couple softies like leathers do well in high flow. You could also try montis, poci's, or bird's nests, which are all easy SPS.

In terms of reef aquariums, those hang on back filters don't generate a high rate of flow especially compared to even smaller powerheads. But, if you don't have any yet you could try Green Star Polyps, they're an easy soft coral that will do well high in your tank.

my hob's work really well for me i also have a large powerhead moving the water side to side as well, already have pink and green star polyps,

i have a monster leather 18 inches by 12 inches, and the clowns wont go near it :( , so from the replies i am asssuming i will have to go try sps to fill up my upper part of my tank

You could get another leather? if it isn't ridiculous amounts of flow (doesn't sound like you), then you could probably get away with some zoas.

Back