Couldn't pass it up....

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
for $30!! Current USA 30" w/ 2 t5's. It looks brand new. Just wanted to have some sort of lights temporarily even though it's just on part of my tank LOL LED project will be a while. Thought I'd give the fish some sort of light while I'm preparing to blind them with LEDs :D

DSC06002.jpg

DSC06001.jpg

Ok...you can laugh at my ghettofied tank now :mrgreen:

pretty ghetto Wonton ... I bet this is how you talk while driving too :shock:
411.gif

But at least they have lights now :mrgreen:

Hahahaha Wonton. That is a good deal for that light!! But my big question is... Why haven't you entered a shot of that beauty into this months POTM Full Tank Shot competition?? :lol:

I used to have this excact light! Do you find it loud at all? The one thing I hated about it though was how many plugs it took up, 4 or 5 i cant remember!

Hahahaha Wonton. That is a good deal for that light!! But my big question is... Why haven't you entered a shot of that beauty into this months POTM Full Tank Shot competition?? :lol:

Um...cuz I had no lights? LOL!!!! Taking shots of a tank that has no lighting of its own with a point and shoot camera is a disgrace. I should have Dennis take my class on "how to take a proper bad picture". I graduated magna cum laude on the topic! :mrgreen:

Plus my rocks are scarce, not a lot of things to look at. I'm actually going to be moving my shrooms to the dt now that these lights are here. I'm gonna have to do some aquascaping so I can put them on top w/o everything avalanching down.

I used to have this excact light! Do you find it loud at all? The one thing I hated about it though was how many plugs it took up, 4 or 5 i cant remember!

No, not loud at all....in fact it has no fans LOL Maybe I should put some in? Does yours have built in fans?

Yeah the one I had had built in fans, it was loud as hell! I had it on a planted tank though with freshwater, the plants seemed to love the light, however so did the algae: :P

Hehehe..no algae problems in my tank -- all the algae grows in the fuge and sump!

This one only has 2 lights -- probably why it was so cheap. Should I really put a fan in it?

oh ok, lol mine was different it had 4 lights! also had led moon lights which took an entirely seperate plug. scratch everything I have told you about your new light :)

I'm sittin' here worrying that my light will melt everything cuz it had no fan LOL

Mine only has 1 plug. Like I said, this light is merely temporary until I get LEDs built.

Wonton, don't listen to anyone telling you that light is inferior. That's a great fixture and a Cadillac in it's class and price. :)

Wonton, don't listen to anyone telling you that light is inferior. That's a great fixture and a Cadillac in it's class and price. :)

LOL thanks :) I'm not worried about the light's quality, since I'm FOWLR (except the shrooms), and the whole thing only cost me $30! :D

Ironically, my shrooms did not open up as big as they do when they were under my single t8 flourescent light bulbs :shock: Maybe they're still adjusting being in the DT.

They are opened up big under the lower light because they are maximizing their surface area to absorb as much of the light as possible. Under stronger light, they don't have to expand as much to get the light that they need. :)

They are opened up big under the lower light because they are maximizing their surface area to absorb as much of the light as possible. Under stronger light, they don't have to expand as much to get the light that they need. :)

Well that kinda sucks. So we get bigger fatter corals with less light? Humm...

OH Sweet :D I thought it was the other way around LOL :bowdown:

Nah not all corals. Just seems to be how mushrooms work. Mushrooms are some of the few corals that can survive with very little light.

Back