couple questions ????

RAYRAY

Tiny Tank Club A+ Member
Hey everyone!
Tank has adjusted well since the move in november. Had some minor troubles...Lost my diamond goby and my yellow clown goby has been missing for a day oor so, a couple of emerald crabs and a snail or 2, But it seems stable again. Coraline is starting to grow everywhere. And the micro-algea has exploded in the fuge.

Now my question.
How do I trip my micro, Do I just cut it with sissors ??? I want to add some animals to the fuge also. Any suggestions ?? I have some cerith snails, nassarrius snails and astrea snails in there now. I was thinking of a couple red or blue legged crabs??? I am also starting to see some bubble algea again in the main tank so I am picking up 2 emeralds at the LFS today. I hope they do a good job like the others I had before.

And the good news is tax money is comming. So I will be adding some corals !!! FINALLY RIGHT !!!! I think maybe a nice blue mushrom rock and maybe a frogspawn. We will see what the LFS has. Maybe even a clam.
:^:

Yeah you can trim the algae with scissors. What kind is it? Caulerpa and chaeto just come apart in your hands, you can just grab a handful and pull it out. Be sure to shake it out before you toss it to save any pods that are hanging on.

You can pull them out.Cutting them with scissors is better.The cut ends absorb more nutrients like nitrate.Another good thing is to flip the chaeto ball over every two weeks or every month.It's natural for them to tumble.Nothing eats chaeto so you could basically add everything you listed.

sorry to hear that Reef. Hope you get it all under control soon !!! Good Luck my friend.
Hey? Have you had any dealings with a Bullet Goby?? I think that mine took off have of one of my chromis tail. Now the chromis is hiding behind my overflow box. He came out at feeding time and went crazy like he always does, but then right back behind the box.
I can't see it being any of the other fish (Tomato/Chromis). Plus my Yellow clown goby disappeared also. He was getting in the overflow, I fixed that, now I cant figure where he went. I'm just wondering if the Bullet bullied him too? well Sorry for ranting... Good Luck again.

Last edited:
I've never known those bullet gobies to be aggressive.At least the ones at the LFS here havent been.
I'd about bet the tomato was the cause.

I was thinking that it was the Tomato, But I seen the bullet chasing even the tomato. I bought the bullet to clean up the sand. Now he is hardly down at the bottom. He took over the whole tank. I will keep an eye on the tomato to see if he is the bully.
I wonder if he is doing it a night when the lights go out ????????? HMMMMMM.
what to do ???

thats one aggressive bullet goby if hes chasing around a tomato clown. i would catch him, better to get him outta that aquarium than risk him destroying things

Back