cpr overflows

I dont think it a air pump, I think its a lifter pump. If it is, then yes because it take any air out so you dont lose suction.

If your tanks not set up yet, why dont you have it drilled? Alot easier because you cant lose the siphon then.

NO tempered glass cannot be drilled. however usually only the bottom is tempered.

On the overflow box... usually you would hook that up to the air suction inlet thing on a maxijet etc... the point is to eleminate air so the siphon isn't broken... using an airpump would be a very bad thing.

CPR has a pump called the aqualifter. This needs to be connected and run 24/7. I do not recommend using other methods, however, it is possible to use other pumps as well.

got it, I thought the aqualifter was their own brand of air pump.

Is there anyway to tell if the back is tempered?

Look up the maker online or call them and ask to be sure. Like BVK said usually the bottom is tamperd, however, I have heard once from a guy who called and they told him the sides were tamperd, so call or write to be sure. If your fellin ballsy you can get a bit off ebay and try yourself, though with a 125 I wouldnt. When I'm ready I'm going to try and drill my 55, though I have hears thicker glass is easier to do.

I have a CPR overflow with the Aqualifter pump. It stays connected and on 24/7. It automatically will start the syphon again if, for some reason, you lose syphon, so that's why it's good to have it on all the time. However, if you unplug the Aqualifter, the overflow will not lose syphon, so it will still work without it. But, if you unplug it, there's a chance that your main tank will overflow if something happens to the syphon. Like I said, it just starts it automatically if, for some reason, you lose syphon. And you don't have to suck on any tubes if you use the Aqualifter. That's always a plus.

Last edited:
bkv1997 said:
NO tempered glass cannot be drilled. however usually only the bottom is tempered.

On the overflow box... usually you would hook that up to the air suction inlet thing on a maxijet etc... the point is to eleminate air so the siphon isn't broken... using an airpump would be a very bad thing.

ok and I thought it was only race car drivers that didnt make sense you have proved that theory wrong good job B Question would that be considered the intake maybe??

Back