Crab HELP quick

GassyMon

Wazzuuup
I found this crab in my tank. Should I kill it, Keep is, get rid of it? I have had crabs in my tank that have eaten like $200 worth of coral. What kind of crab is this?

Attachments

• DSC00862.jpg
    DSC00862.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 291
  • DSC00861.jpg
    DSC00861.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 339
  • DSC00860.jpg
    DSC00860.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 311
  • DSC00859.jpg
    DSC00859.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 315
  • DSC00858.jpg
    DSC00858.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 324
I did just buy an anemone but the person checked for anemone crabs attacked to it, so it would have been in my tank that didn't have an anemone.

Do you ever see it feeding with two little fans that extend from in front of the mouth? If so, then its a porcelain crab. If not, then its some other type of crab. It looks like it has pointy pincers with black tips. Might be some sort of predator crab. You'll have to look for the fans....here's a pic I found on google.

ThaiPorcelainCrab.jpg

if that thing has pointy black tipped claws, get it the hell out and take a better pic to make sure. I had one with pointy black tipped pincers, and he ate 3 firefish, and a clownfish, and he was smaller than a quarter

It definitely looks to have pointed claws with dark tips. I blew up the pictured to 200% the original size and you can see the claws well that way. I've had procelain crabs before and it just doesn't look like one to me. Hope we're wrong.

Get that thing out of there. I just pulled one out of my tank and it looks exactly like that one. I actually caught him nipple on my zoas, some SPS and my frogspawn. He also ate one of my fish. Good luck trying to catch it though those lil bastards are quick to hide under a rock.

That's definitely not a porcelain crab.

I'm not sure what it is,almost looks like an albino xanthid crab of some kind.It doesn't look reef safe with those pointed claws.

Get that thing out of there. I just pulled one out of my tank and it looks exactly like that one. I actually caught him nipple on my zoas, some SPS and my frogspawn. He also ate one of my fish. Good luck trying to catch it though those lil bastards are quick to hide under a rock.

That SOB has to be faster then my stabbing knife. lol

Back