Crocea Clam

sounds really nice. one of my favorite clams. I'm looking forward to some down the road. anyway waiting for pics. congrats.

Nice color. had to go to photo album to see, cant see pic in thread just info box as usual, but ok in photo album. let us know how the clam does. congratulations. clams are graded depending on various criteria. the higher the grade the more they cost. for what its worth. your's good pick and hope all goes well. more pics please...

If the feeding goes well. give us the specifics. how often, how much, and the method of delivery, etc. sounds like your off to a great start. do you have a six line wrasse in your tank. just a thought, I always kept one for the small parasitic snails that like to prey on clams. not sure you will need one but thought i would throw it in for what its worth.

six line wrasse

the six line wrasse is reef safe and should not be a problem in the reef. they are not very big and will help control the small snails. pea size etc. naturally all fish are to be watched for any unwanted feeding in a reef, but an occasional nip is worth the protection for the clams. just my thought. you might want to read up on it 1st though. I have always kept one in my reefs.

Thanks for the advice. The clam seems to be doing well under the MH lights. It is beautiful and very sensitive to light. It likes to close when a shadow is over it.

glad to hear I could help. I'm really looking forward to getting my system going and will be adding some clams once things are settled and all the tweeking is done. great pics on the clam. if you watch under the fleshy part at the top of the shell, you will be able to see growth. it will appear as new white shell. once all is settled down you should be able to see meaningful growth with in 6 months or less.

I'll watch for the growth. How is your tank coming along? Your pictures in your personal gallery look great! Im jealous!

Back