Crowded and ID?

Eissie

Reefing newb
So i have a nive colony of zoas growning on a LR, but i also have a family of shrooms growing there also. Is there any way to remove the shrooms and glue them to something else?
shroom2.jpg

And also here.
shroom.jpg

Thats the shroom problem. On the other hand i have a pretty polyp growing and no idea what it is. Any help there?

poly2.jpg

The iphone didn't do it justice, its fab under the blue lights.
Poly.jpg

that last two pictures; the top coral looks to be a kenya tree, the bottom looks to be a button polyp paly. the kenya tree looks to be a spawn of your bigger kenya tree in the top picture. they're known for spreading like fire so keep an eye on them to keep it under control.

as for the zoa colony with the shrooms, you could try and gently scrap the shroom off the rock but as far as gluing it back down, it wont work. the shrooms get slimy and slide away from the glue eventually free floating in your tank. I find that a luffa (like one you scrub with in the shower) and a rubber band do the trick. go to your local store and buy a new luffa, cut a decent sized square of fabric, then place the shroom where you want it in the tank. Lay the fabric over it and secure it with a rubber band to keep it in place so it doesnt float away. within a few days, it should attach itself to the rocks.

When you get a chance to come by Bermuda,I'll show you have to frag those mushrooms off that rock.Its simple and easy to do.
BTW
I thank I've seen that Zoanthid rock before:wink:

And buddy is right on that other coral.Its a kenya weed ,,,I mean tree.
those things are worse than aiptasia.

Yeah I knew it was a Kenya haha. That's what it's rubberbanded to the rock ;)
Actually I ended up fragging my frag of Kenya on accident LOL. Guess the rubber band was too tight and split the "stump" from the "branches".
Might be coming out that way soon. You can give the how to Yote haha.

XD

From this day on, those shrooms shall be know as Yotes XD

And as far as being in the woods, why haven't you been there already!? Tsk tsk.

I had shoulder surgery August of 2010.Missed that bow season and 4 months of work.Went back to work in Jan. and fell on the shoulder my first week back and messed it up again.And as a result,I can't draw my bow.I can get it back but can't hold it.
But I fixed that this evening.I traded the bow for a crossbow and I'll be hunting tomorrow.:bounce: And plan to spend all of next week in the woods.:^:

Back