CurtisL's 90 gallon reef

CurtisL

Reefing newb
Guess who finally got there first tank! lol. waited quite a while but think i found a good deal today! 75 gallon drilled! a cora life light with it, a sump and pump and a few other goodies.. pics will be up tonight! along with bunches of questions!!!!:bounce:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: CurtisL's 75 gallon reef

welll guys where to start!? i have some older cora life lights idk if they will be enough to keep corals. i have a sump set up for bio balls it seems.. i know im just gonna use live rock so maybe its best to not use the sump and build my own... im thinking about resealing it just to be safe, and im gonna paint the back black. i also need to build a stand. any suggestions or concerns about the sealing?

welll did some measureing on the tank, and its not a 75.... its a 90! lol so now im just trying to figure out where i can put this thing.. not a lot of extra room at the moment... errrr lol

Yeah, congrats on the accidental upgrade! Haha. :rofl: You haven't even started your first tank yet, and already are upgrading... Sounds like someone's addicted! :mrgreen:

Haha yahhh I know right I think I'm gonna order a odyssea skimmer this weekend and maybe one of there mh t5 combos.. And start building a stand.. Might make this my project and I found a biocube 29 with stand for 175 and start with that and upgrade when I have more space... Lol what ya think???

Haha yahhh I know right I think I'm gonna order a odyssea skimmer this weekend and maybe one of there mh t5 combos.. And start building a stand.. Might make this my project and I found a biocube 29 with stand for 175 and start with that and upgrade when I have more space... Lol what ya think???

Sounds like a good plan. Trying to move stuff from one tank to another later on will probably be a pain though, so just keep that in mind. Good luck!

Back