Cycling My Tank

Jimboaf

We can build it
I just cycled my tank or at least I think I did. I started with LR and LS on 09/28/12. I did a reading on the 1st that read as follows:

Ammonia: .50ppm, Nitrite: 0ppm, Nitrate: 20ppm, High Range pH: (7.9-8.0), Salinity: 31ppt, Gravity: 1.023, and Temp: 80.6F.

I did the readings today and this is what I got: Ammonia: 0ppm, Nitrite: 0ppm, Nitrate: 0ppm, High Range pH: (8.0-8.2), Salinity: 30ppt, Gravity: 1.022, and Temp: 82.6F.

Could I be done cycling my tank already? This seems like such a short amount of time for the cycle to go through. Also my rock still seems to have nothing on it at all, there are some small bits of coralline algae and some green specs but nothing else. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Also I did set up my tank with water in it for about a month so I could see if I could get the temp settings right and see about flow and everything.

If you started with all live rock it is likely that you had a short cycle. Just to make sure I would add some food and make sure you dont see another spike. Then you are good to add your first fish! Yay!

Back