cycling question

chez

Reefing newb
Should I add miracle mud in the refug of a tank that is cycling? Will it help the tank in the cycling process?

I have no idea :dunno:..Haven't heard people talking about using this stuff, but from the website, it sounds like one of those too-good-to-be-true things. For right now, IMO, I would just let the tank cycle and do it's thing. The only thing you need to add now (since you already have the sand, rock, and water in there) is something dead that will decompose in there and start the cycle if you haven't already. Once the tank has finished cycling, then you can worry about how to keep everything stable.

yea, i've never heard of using the mud for cycling, but i have definately heard from a friend that its good for trace elements, over priced and there are other ways to get the trace elements, that are cheaper, but the mud is supposed to work.

thats a second hand story i got from a friend who's been doing this for a good long while..

i would do what kid suggested and just throw a couple table shrimp in there on the sand, and wait till thoes are gone, then start checking your parameters.

If you're going to use it I think you should add it now because it will also need some time to start working. i.e. getting the good stuff growing in it.

Back