Daaaaamn you gravity!

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
So, yeah, flood. :frustrat:

First, I forgot my rodi was on. But doesn't matter, I have the main tub overflowing into another tub for just these occasions.

My ATO line (which usually sits high up above the tank, above the RODI reserve water line) to prevent gravity from making the water continuously flow into the sump (I have a dosing pump that handles pumping water automatically, which is attached to my floatswitch).

Guess what. The line that goes into the sump SLIPPED OFF, so it fell into the sump, thus RODI water continued to flow into the sump! I don't even know when it happened :( It was sometime today.

My salt went from 1.025 to 1.020. :grumble: So I have to deal with raising the salinity now. Everyone seems ok. I'm glad my tank doesn't have corals, except for the mushrooms. Hope the fish aren't too pissed.

Edit: Oh, and I was barefoot in my sump room, and cut myself by stepping on my spare 10g's frame because it's sitting on the floor. *sigh*

Last edited:
Yeah, and I siphoned too much :shock:

The pump is off, and I forgot to account for the water that will be pumped back through to the dt...so now my level is low. :frustrat:

Aaaaand I'm out of fish food. They'll have to eat the stupid gel food that I've had for a year.

*sad face* This is what has always scared me to run a sump/fuge. Living in an upper apt id be scewed!

Sorry to hear. Could be worse tho! How bad is your owie?

The easiest way to prevent them is to give your tank and equipment a quick onceover everyday LOL

There wasn't really anything to clean up -- leaving it up to evaporation to dry the floors. Thank god for the cement floor in the sump room!

Owie's not bad...no longer hurts, and stopped bleeding already lol

At least you have concrete floors!

On St. Patties Day I caused quite the flood because much too drunk me accidently pulled the ATO water line out of my bucket. And then when the ATO turned on, the water pumped all over the flood. I was too drunk to be quick about figuring out why my carpet was all wet all of a sudden. Thankfully Kody was sober and saved the day, but not before two or so gallons of water poured onto the carpeted floors. Whoops!

I would keep that a secret...like my pepper spray incident Thursday..

Oops! :lol:

gravity-sucks.jpg

Back