damsels

315hottuna61

" Take a Kid Fishing "
anyone have damsels in their tank? wanted to know if they are reef friendly and what other fish are they compatable with. thanks

they are an aggressive fish which most people remove from their tanks.. clowns usually go well with them seeing they are from the same family.. the damsel I had though small even picked on the tangs, six line and about anyother fish I put in..

There is a reason that damsels are called DAMNsels.
With most of them,you can expect them to kill your other fish.But there are folks that like em and have had good luck keeping them.
But do so at your own risk!!

One damsel killed my first two clowns. I got rid of him pronto. The kid at the local shop told me every day the have some killings...either other fish, or other damsels.

I don't know how others keep them successfully. I only tried once, and it cost me two well sized, hardy ocellaris clowns.

+1 all...

Damsels can be tricky - they can be mean, but there are a lot of varieties that aren't too bad. Clowns are also a type of damsel, and many can be just as mean. My personal favorite is the Talbot Demoiselle, which stays small, has vibrant colors, and is regularly available.

Here's an interesting article on them.

Back