Daniel's 120 Gallon Aquarium

Some updates to my tank.

I preordered a 32" "off-brand" led fixture with 200 watts of power as my Christmas present from my wife (I'm paying for all of it :mrgreen:), it should arrive right around Christmas. I'm really excited as it seems the company that makes them has a good rep so far and the thought of not having to change bulbs every 8-12 months is sooo satisfying especially considering the low cost of the fixture, $449 on special, no need for new bulbs for 10+ years. It's fully controllable with 5% dim increments and has a full spectrum of colors. I can't wait to open the box! You can check this company out here:
reefbreeders

Here's a fresh full tank shot taken today.

Just bought this Acro Colony at the LFS on Friday for $89... couldn't resist as it seems good looking colonies are hard to find in my area. This is currently the only large size colony I have, and I am loving it so far.

Awesome fish, Japanese Swallowtail Angel, supposedly one of the very few completely reef safe Angels. I bought it from petco.com for roughly $55 and I feel like I got a great deal. It was in excellent health and is eating like a pig. It's probably about 4.5" long if I had to guess.

Hollywood Stunner Chalice.. bought it pretty big, gotten even bigger over the past few months. I love this coral.

I picked it due to its low cost and ability to fully cover my tank with plenty of power. It's also controllable which is nice so I don't have to let my aquarium controller do the work, it's all built into the fixture. Hard to find good quality LED fixtures that are also reef capable for anything less than $1000 for full tank coverage. This thing was only $450. Will post back with performance in a couple weeks.

How are you liking the lights? Maybe I missed a post you said you were going to update on them. They look similar to the evergrow it2060s I got.

I forgot that it's been a while since I updated this. I actually got rid of the LEDs about 6 months ago. Most of my corals were pretty unhappy with them. I went back to a T5 fixture and everything was happy again. Wish they worked out.

Back