Dead Fish :frown:

Dantitan

Reefing newb
Our Yellow Tang died, and then 2 days later our Ocelaris Clown died. I don't understand. I added a new powerhead to the tank, and I did a small water change the day before the tang died and also tested the water. Everything was fine. The Yellow Watchman is fine, and all of the inverts are doing very well. I now have a whole lot of teeny tiny tube worms ( I think ) all over the rock and an arse load of spiroids ( Sorry if the spelling is wrong ) all over the glass, so I assume that my tank is healthy. Any ideas as to what the hell happened?

I doubt that it is the voltage then. 7 volts isnt much. You could get a ground probe to reduce that if you feel like it.

Sometimes fish just die for no apparent reason also. It could just be a coincidence that two fish dies close to each other.

Hate to hear of the loss.
It happens though.We cant always tell when somethings wrong with em.Just a chance we take.

are these new fish?? if so then I would question my LFS if not, then my guess would be electrical..I would still ground the the tank. keep us posted

are these new fish?? if so then I would question my LFS if not, then my guess would be electrical..I would still ground the the tank. keep us posted

Its not the LFS. We had the Ocelaris Clown for around 2 months and it was perfectly fine. I had the Yellow Tang for about 2 weeks and was doing great. It started eating food immediately after being acclimated to my tank. I'm at a bit of a loss on this one. I've done everything that I am supposed to do. I will pick up another fish this saturday. Kole Tang maybe, if they have one available.

Probably just a case of bad luck on that one.But then the tang could have had some kind of parasite too.Probably never know for sure what actually caused it.

sorry to read about your loss. Same thing happen to me lost a kole and a six-line, out of different tanks, within days of each other, other fish got ich and loss one more in the QT to ich. Water always check good. I have no idea what happen, but now a few months later all is good. keep your head up and move forward.

Back