Dead Flow SPots

Jkraft136

Reefing newb
OK I'm noticing a few dead spots in my 75g. Atm i have a K4,K3,K1, Maxi jet 1200. Noticing the dead spots on the 2 front corners of the tank. Any ideas how to position powerheads for the best flow?

Maybe add a couple of K2s on the back glass pointed toward the front corners.
The corners are tough to get enough flow in without blowing all the sand out of em.

My 55 has 2-K3s that I added on advice from this forum. I went from 2-K1s to the new ones, and the flow seems chaotic to me, but the LPS have adjusted, and the fish are still figuring it out. I have very good flow on the corners now. Not blasting, but flowing. One powerhead is on the left side glass toward the rear of the tank, pointed towards the center of the tank. The one on the right side is mounted on the rear glass, pointed almost directly at the front, but facing a little more to the left. The corners have good, moderate flow, the rear sides have a little slower flow, and the front and center are chaotic, but I think I will like it when I get used to it. Sounds like you have twice as much flow as me, but your tank is deeper. Maybe I should be the one with more flow?

Just leave em where at for now.Once you get the new powerheads,you'll have to adjust them any how.

Back