death of a snail

greg1186

Reefing newb
so i picked up on of the snails that was looking too hot lately and he fell right out of his shell.. there wasnt much to him... lately my cuc has been looking sluggish.. 4 of my snails are active right now, i cant find the big one.. but my two sand sifting snails arent really moving at all... my two hermits are ok, but not as active as they used to be...

temp = 78
salinity = 1.024
dkh = 160
ammonia = 0
nitrate= 0
nitrate = less than 5
ph = 7.9 or 8.0... i have a hard time telling.

any ideas of whats going on?

my gsp went in for 2-3 days but are starting to come out pretty well when the lights are on... and i found a nudi branch on my zoas and plucked him off.

these are all the details i can think of to solve the death of the snail.....

The hermits might have eaten him?

I know if my snails come off the glass or rocks and land in the sand they are instantly dinner...but I have alot more than 2 hermits lol.

For corals I think you will need to raise your PH imo.

Jenna

EDIT: What kind of snails are they? Some snails do not do well and die regularily in aquariums...Im think astreas but I am not sure and someone who knows will probably chime in possibly about this.

EDIT: What kind of snails are they? Some snails do not do well and die regularily in aquariums...Im think astreas but I am not sure and someone who knows will probably chime in possibly about this.

Astraeas are fine, it's margaritas that generally have a short life span.

The hermits might have eaten him?

I know if my snails come off the glass or rocks and land in the sand they are instantly dinner...but I have alot more than 2 hermits lol.

For corals I think you will need to raise your PH imo.

Jenna

how do i raise my ph i have 7.9 :/ :question:

Back