Decisions, Decisions........

sprink669

Reefing newb
Well I should have my new tank by this Friday. I bought a 24x24x24 cube with built in overflow. Now I need to decide on a sump, skimmer, and lighting. If you had to do it over again would you buy the same equipment?

Yep...I'd buy the same equipment. That's why it's important to research first, so you don't make impulse buys, and have regrets later.

+1 Smitty...if I must, I'll buy cheaper equipment, but whenever I get the extra cash, I usually upgrade. But I definitely research first.

Don't waste money on things that you'll end up replacing down the road.
Research your equipment before you buy.

I would have done some stuff differently had I done the correct research at first. Do your research and defiantly ask questions!

My first tank was a 55 gallon tank. I started with an undergravel filter, an Emperor power filter and freshwater lights. Hahaha. I eventually upgraded all the equipment, then upgraded to a 240 gallon tank -- and at that point, I had learned enough about the hobby that I bought all the right stuff from the start. When I moved, I got rid of the 240, started up a 90 instead, and again bought good stuff from the start. It definitely saves money to do things right the first time around. If you try to save money by buying cheap lights, you will end up spending more six months later when you have to replace them with something better.

Maxpect has really good lighting system ill be getting it here soon for my tank because my LFS told me mine was good lighting andddd its not lol..

I bought my equipment over a pretty long period and ended up using holiday sales to my advantage... With memorial day coming up you may be able to find stuff on some of the major websites for 10 or 15% off.

Well, I picked the tank and stand up this weekend. The family is way excited!!! I ordered lighting= 24 Inch 6x24 Watt AquaticLife T5 HO Light Fixtures w/ 4 LEDs
Powerhead=EcoTech Marine MP10 Vortech Propeller Pump w/
Skimmer=Reef Octopus 4 (100 Gallon) In Sump Needle Wheel Protein Skimmer w/ Bubble Plate
Sump/Refugium=Trigger systems 30 elite crystal

I will try to get some pics later

Back