Declining Urchin?

Discussion in 'Invertebrates' started by Sir Alex, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Sir Alex

Sir Alex Dragon the eel (below)

I've had a tuxedo urchin in my tank for a few weeks now and it seems to be slowly deteriorating. He hasn't been moving around much lately. Water quality is perfect (0 nitrate, 0 phosphate), and I do have some hair algae. I tried to feed him an algae sheet and he decided to wear it instead of eat it... :?

Any ideas?

Sir Alex, Mar 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

2. Sir Alex

FishyReef Broke Reefer!

I have a tuxedo urchin and he goes through days without moving, then suddenly I'll find him on the opposite side of the tank. I am beginning to think that this is normal behavior for these urchins. He is by far the least active of the 3 urchins I have. If your's hasn't been losing spines then I would venture a guess that he is just fine and is going through a phase (at least this is what I am going to hope!)

FishyReef, Mar 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

3. Sir Alex

little_fish Moderator

Im not sure Alex, i just went through this with my urchin and he died a couple of days ago. Not sure what to tell you :(

little_fish, Mar 27, 2012
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question