Dendro

BryanS

Reefing newb
I oredered a dendro the other day and it still has not come out, where should i have it in the tank, what kind of flow do they like? Thanks for any help

I got mine on the bottom front and center not to much flow same as the hammer I have just to move the tenicles around. And it seems to open up more after lights out. They need to be fed so try putting some food near them and they might open up. They are a night time coral and that is why they need to be fed and open after lights are out. Same as a Sun coral

I also have mine at the bottom front of the tank. They get a mediumish type flow...not sure thats what they like but they seem to be doing fine. Mine LOVE mysis shrimp...they can be pigs! I feed them about every 3 days sometimes everyother...sometimes 4 days...never longer than that tho.

Thanks that is where I have mine at too, it just won't open up. Maybe it is because it is still new. But I have tried to put food around it to see if it will open still no go, I even looked for it at night to and it is still in maybe it will open up soon.

My sun coral on the other hand will not close it is always open. It is a pig and it eats so fast...I hope it will grow as fast as it eats.

Mine is on the sand bed and gets moderate/low flow. It will eventually start to come out. When it does, but sure to spot feed it at least 1x per week. It will be very happy that way.

Carnation Corals aren't photosynthetic and will need to fed at least a couple of times per week. i have a large Carnation Coral, 3 colonies of Dendrophyllia and 4 gorgonians in my tank, all of which I have had for at least 3 years. I feed in the enveings and keep my corals well fed 3 times per week alternating with live baby brine shrimp, frozen cyclops, Tropic Marin Pro-Coral Phyton and TM Pro-Coral Zooton. As the names suggests TM phyton is a photo plankton like product and Zooton is a zooplankton like food product for corals. I have noticed greater polyp extension and more pods etc. in my tank since I started feeding the Pro Coral foods.

Back