DepWraith's first, a 65 gallon...

DepWraith

Reefing newb
Well, here is my first attempt at a saltwater setup. These pics are right after setup. Details include a 65 gallon Deep Blue Reef Ready, Marineland LED Reef Light with timer, custom sump with filter sock, Reef Octopus NWB-110 and a Deep Blue Triton 3 pump.

5414618d.jpg

c9f95e0a.jpg
7135475f.jpg

76810f51.jpg
8b51c3a8.jpg
653beae2.jpg

Lookin good so far!!! Might I suggest the big bottle of "Bio-Spira" along with a small piece of raw shrimp to speed the cycle? Have fun!!

Microbacter7 is awesome for boosting cycle performance.

That tank looks really deep, though. How tall is it? You may need more light for that much stuff if you plan to keep anything towards the bottom.

Thanks for the comments.

Microbacter7 is awesome for boosting cycle performance.

That tank looks really deep, though. How tall is it? You may need more light for that much stuff if you plan to keep anything towards the bottom.
The tank is 24 inches tall. The light provides 2610 lumens, you think I'll need more?

Ah I found it... It's awesome!, Don't know if you have a fish list yet but I always wanted to help someone make one interested?

Last edited:
What are you going to recommend spongy? A coral cat shark and a toby puffy?

DepWraith, do your own research and make a list of the fish you like :) You will be better educated about the fish you want, the fish you might want and the fish you dont think you want until you see on in the store.

I certainly would research any suggestions before I decided (I like the research as little_fish suggested, because I do like to be informed). With that said I am new to the hobby so always looking for pointers!

TC, I am sorry about your topic here. It's going to be a nice build.

I think it's funny how spongy used that as the username for an alt account. It's very obviously him.

Tank looks good all cleared up.

What are your upcoming plans for it? Are you ordering more rock? Have you checked out marcorocks.com? I ordered a lot of dry rock from him and it went really well. He even threw in a couple extra pounds.

How much flow do you have from the return? Are you going to add a couple of powerheads? 65 gallons looks like such a nice setup. I'm excited to see where this goes. :-)

Back