Diamond goby

Smitty

Reef pro
Sorry bout all the questions, I bought some egg crate and placed it over my reef today, and wanted to know will it keep a diamond goby from jumping out...I plan on buying a medium sized one, my last one jumped out of my tank a day after I had him:frustrat:, a few weeks ago...I had no top on the tank then.

I used egg crate until my diamond stopped jumping. Only took a couple days until he stopped. Then off came the crate. Good Luck. My diamond Goby was awesome until he dissappeared after I moved my tank :(

i love the little guys, and they do a great job on the sand, they just prefer to fly instead of swimming, but if the egg crate will keep it in the tank, then I will try my luck again...
Thanks

Yeah , mine did like to fly, but It was only unitl he was comfortable. The he stayed on the bottom. I just replaced my diamond with a Bullet Goby and he didn't even attempt to fly. But i got out the crate just incase LOL

Just realized that one too LOL !!! He grabs sand then rises up about 5 inches to drop it. The diamond stayed right at the bottom when he did it. I just couldn't find another smaller diamond.

lol...yeah, but not as bad as the bullet goby...diamonds stay in one place when they shift, and bullets swim while sifting.

you can zip tie some vinyl screen over the eggcrate
just get the stuff with the largest hole size to maximize you light getting through it

I had one jump through egg crate. I'd had him a month and hadn't heard him hit the glass top in a while so I switched to the egg crate. He jumped out the first night.
I just bought another last week. He jumped on night two. Made it out of the spot were the filter goes in. The only real spot he could've gotten through. They are cool fish but I wish they wouldn't jump.

Well, I found my second one to be lying in the plant(of course dead) next to the tank...he jumped through the eggcrate and past the lights...they have very good aim. Oh well!

Back