Diatoms...dun dun duuuhhhnnnnnnn.

Sorry, didnt answer your sand question. Its aragonite and Ive got 2 nass that SUCK and I hand sift it daily. Or multiple times. Its very well sifted.

I also have a macro pandemic. Grows on everything and I cant set up a fuge.

Yes, distilled is just fine. Lots of people use distilled water. It's pure like RODI water, just using a different method of purification.

Okay, much better option. How much of a water change shiuld I do? Can I move rocks/corals to another tank, replace the sand and do like 50%?

Yeah, Walmart isnt close, though. Id save money by paying more at Russ's 6 blocks away than use a gallon of gas to Wally world and back. But thanks, BJ. Ill start buying, I guess.

I bought 4 gallons and did a 2 gallon change. The others will be top off and for a gallon next week. How long will it be before I either have it completely distilled (through 10% weekly) or by the minerals getting used up before I see it clear up?

Hey, a native Nebraskian!! Go Huskers!! RO water from Wallies or Walgreens will work. If you have to go to Bakers and by the "purified" water by the gallon do it. Never use the crap from the tap!! Being from Nebraska I know the how the water treatment plants work and they put all the crap in the water to keep your teeth healthy, bad bacteria down and us humans from getting sick. Unfortunately all the stuff is bad for our friends that live in the water.

Back