Did my Flame Angelfish do this?

Fishyyy

Reefing newb
This coral looked find just days ago now the color has gone. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElEl1WBOSQ4]M2U01292 - YouTube[/ame]

i dont think that was caused by the flame. what is your alk levels mag levels and cal levels. and what kind of lights do you have on this tank

Possibly the angel. They can decide to snack on corals...What are your levels? Have you introduced anything new into the tank? Was that coral there for a while, or is it a new addition? If new, how did you acclimate? If everything else checks out fine, watch your tank for a little while to see if the angel is nipping at it. If so, that will give you your answer right there. But first things first, check your levels!

i think its just bleaching from something wrong with the water or lack of light maybe too much light if they were put on top right away

No way that was the Flame.

Make sure you do not have a powerhead pointed at it and yeah all what Biff said.

Another note, I had this happen to one of my Acros and it has come back stronger somehow and has started growing like a weed and it took like 5 months to start getting color back just a little.

If you see polyp even with the bleaching it can still live. If you do not see polyps forget it.

I had 2 Acros in the same area and one died and the other is kick arse so it is just how they go. Much more sensitive individually than any other corals I have ever had besides my Zoas. I know Zoas are easy care but man one grown and the other shrinks in the same spot, go figure!

Back