Discolored Sand

phastroh

Do Not Listen To Me!!!
I have Fiji Pink and I had posted that out of nowhere the sand got this coating over it.

Somewhat brown/green but mostly a hint of each. I would stir over the sand and it 1 hour it would come back.

I have no clue what is was.

I had a large Anemone vanish from my tank. It has been missing for over 3 weeks and just so happened to be missing right before this sand issue started.

No while it is said a dead Anemone can wipe out a tank, mine is a 220Gal with a great big skimmer and great filtration so maybe I was safe for those reasons.

Is it possible that whatever this is on the sand is from that.

It has just recently after about 2 weeks seemed to not be as much and I have noticed it is getting a little better.

At the same time my new 2 week since placed Acroporas are fading from that brownish look to a light purple/pink and the little hairs are beginning to come out more and more.

All this is happening together and it feels great but I am still at a dead end with the clumpy discolored sand. It was easily broken up and sifted and looked great afterward.

Questions I can't answer.

Could this have been the aftermath of the dead Anemone?
Why are the Acros just no shedding the brown color with the sand appearing to clear up?
Why did only one of the 2 Anemones die?
Why did the Anemone that died/disappeared just happen to be the one that was basically on top of the Paired Clownfish's egg pile?

Back