distilled vineger

tigerbird

Reefing newb
hi there everyone :Djust joined liveing reefs forum what a great bunch has anyone got any info about putting distilled vineger in there calcium ro top up water good or no good (sorry if spelling not to good as just started with this pony express) thanks for your help:beerchug:

I would assume it is to disolve more of the calcium?

The problem that I would see is that the vinegar could potentially lower your pH too much. It really doesnt take much to screw things up.

I am sure others will chime in also.

Hello and welcome to the site...glad to have you. I agree with Bj, vinegar would start affecting your ph. I've never heard of anyone adding it to their tank, but we do use it to clean calcium and salt deposits off of equipment and glass.

If you are having a problem keeping your Ca levels up, which is what it sounds like I would try dosing a 2 part solution like from bulk reef supply. They have 2 very cost effective systems for doing so. If your Ph is high there is one system and vise a versa. If you use vinegar you will need to test your Ph daily it doesn't take much to lower it.
What is your Alk Ca Ph and Mag at now? Also what are you keeping? do you have a heavily stock SPS and LPS tank?

Oh Welcome to the site!!

Back