Dixie's 36 bowfront

dixiegirl21191

Reef Junkie
Started this build a little while ago and figured it was time to post here. The tank has a 20 gal sump and my husbands 14 gal zero edge plumbed into it for added stability for both tanks.

Stock list:
Encrusting hydnophora
Kryptonite candy cane
Pink candy
Red and green candy
Hollywood stunner chalice
Torch
Frogspawn
Pink hammer
Duncan
Plate
Pink and green birdsnest
Green slimer acro
Blasto
3 mollies

0913131358_zps47095432.jpg

0912131006_zps7379aaae.jpg

Thanks, they are temporary in here though. Acclimated them myself, 2 drops a minute until the salinity matched the tank. They eat all kinds of nasty things, thats why i like them. Good little tank cleaners.

So how hard is it to acclimate them to the salt? Also once you have them in the tank is there anything different you have to do compared to a normal saltwater fish?

Its not hard at all. Just put them and all of the freshwater they came in in a container and start a drip acclamation at about 2 drips a second. It took me an afternoon to do it. Take out some water every now and then so the salinity can get the same as your tank. The first night, i put them in the sump just in case one doesn't make it. That way I know where it is instead of getting stuck behind the rocks. If they make it through the night then your pretty safe and can put them in the display.

Well my female balloon molly died. I'm pretty sure my male harassed her to death so I moved him to another tank. I still have my silver molly in here, added my zebra dart fish, and got this stunning McCosker's flasher wrasse yesterday!

0922131441c_zps89ffa327.jpg

Back