DIY Pine Tank Stand

dreamwalk

Creator of the InvisoReef
These are some CAD renderings of a stand we hope to be making the next month or two.

If you have any comments or suggestions, feel free to let us know.

Attachments

• Front- tank stand.jpg
    Front- tank stand.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 653
  • back- tank stand.jpg
    back- tank stand.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 1,633
  • Sump chamber- tank stand.jpg
    Sump chamber- tank stand.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 1,052
  • Back Detail- tank stand.jpg
    Back Detail- tank stand.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,434
That looks badass. Do you have a fish room or something for the back to hide in or will it all be out in the open?

Nope XD

No fish room. This is going in my bedroom. :mrgreen:

The sump chamber will go back aganst the wall, giving me a two foot work space for easy access to the sump and the storage shelves.

I'm confused by the 'drawer' looking sump part?

That isn't a drawer...

Ok, think of it being like a bar.

There is a place in the back for me to work and keep supplies...

The stand forms a "L" the short leg of the "L" will be against the wall. Here, maybe this will help:

| =wall
L = stand

..|
L|
..|

The DT will sit on the long leg of the "L" .

That way, I will be able to get behind it and clean and store stuff..

I will put up some more pics, that have a wall and how it will look, tomorrow.

Okay I did consider that but in picture #1 I didn't see that and wasn't sure if it was just because of the angle.

With that said I think that is a super design. The workspace and ease of being able to get to your sump is GREAT. One of my biggest complaints is getting into the cabinet to work on the stuff in and around the sump. There are so many good ideas about your design. :claphands

Okay I did consider that but in picture #1 I didn't see that and wasn't sure if it was just because of the angle.

With that said I think that is a super design. The workspace and ease of being able to get to your sump is GREAT. One of my biggest complaints is getting into the cabinet to work on the stuff in and around the sump. There are so many good ideas about your design. :claphands

Thanks. This wasn't my fist design though... I set down in google's sketch-up and designed three so-so stands before taking the best of all three and getting rid of the bad..

MY step-dad also helped a lot, and is the one going to be helping me construct it.

We will be making it out of pine, and I think it will go great in my tank..

I cant wait to get started!!

He said that he will check on prices for pine tomarrow, but we prolly will not have it done for a month or two, though, giving the supplies and equipment, I guarantee we could have a quality product in as little as a week.

:lol:
I was thinking that stand was going to be for a 200+ gallon aquarium. This will give you good experience for the next size up!

That is what is good about this design, it can work for ANY size that I will ever have. :mrgreen:

And, also, I will know what to improve on it in the next upgrade.

Not pictured in the renderings, I plan to have a heavy black curtain around the sump area and then install the lights for the sump....since this IS going to be in my room, I dont need two tons of extra light... that reminds me. I need to look in to getting some moonlights.

Back