DIY tank build help

joshuashih1

Seahorse Owner
I want to build two rimmliss tanks and one will be 1.5 gal and the other will be 2 gal please tell me the exact dimentions to make both a perfect rectangle and what thickness of glass I should use and also how to put a lid on it.

One US Liquid Gallon is 231 Cubic Inches.
1.5g = 346.5ci
2g = 462ci

3root(246.5)=6.27006882. A tank with edges of these dimensions will hold precisely 1.5 gallons. However, you will want some room from top of the tank to water level so adjust accordingly.

3root(462)=7.73061405. A tank with edges of these dimensions will hold precisely 2 gallons. However, you will want some room from top of the tank to water level so adjust accordingly.

It has been a while since I have been in a math class so please correct me if I am wrong here.

If you wanted a tank to hold precisely 1.5 gallons and be a perfect cube, the edge of each square in your assembly needs to be precisely 6.27006882 inches. However, that will hold exactly 1.5 gallons of water. you want room to add rock/heaters/fish and not want your water to be all the way up to the top so you want to expand those dimensions. My suggestion would be a 7"x7"x7" cube. Same goes for a 2g. I would up that to 8.5"x8.5"x8.5".

thank you, but I wanted a rectangle not cube could you modify the dimentions or me and make it so if I build it it will turn out to be a cube and also please spesify wether the dimentions are for the inside or outside of the tank.

Don't have a smart phone, never intend on getting one. There's this old skool thing called a calculator, I have a few of those because I only have 20 digits with which to count. :D

why the hell would you want something that small. what are you going to put in it. you can probably buy a siamese fighting fish tank that size for a lot cheaper then you could make it.

Back