DJ404's 80G Build Thread

Thanks Biff and BL1. The acans I got from one of my normal LFS's that I frequent, then me and the fiance decided to go check out this other store we had never been to but heard about. I didn't think much of it since it looked very small on the outside. It was really only two aisles, but they had so many nice ORA SPS and also very nice LPS. I was drooling! lol

The most appealing thing about the Vortech, to me, is that there are no cables or wires in the tank -- it's run magnetically through the glass! No cables hanging out over the edge! If only they weren't so expensive... :grumble:[/QUOTE

unlucky guys in the Ryder Cup

Picked up a Hanna ULR Phosphorous checker and ran a few tests, I was shocked to see my PO4 is only about .01-02. I was expecting more then that although I have been running GFO, actually just replaced it a few days ago

Added:

Derasa Clam

DSC_0166_515.jpg

Purple Alien Eye Favia

DSC_0168_516.jpg

ORA Borealis

DSC_0169_517.jpg

Current FTS

DSC_0174_522.jpg

Well it looks like an upgrade is in the very near future. I have just purchased a new house and will be buying a 4x2x2 120g. After I make the move and everything gets stable again I am planning on going full ULNS via ZEO. Will be updating through everything.

Was able to snag up 2 frags of Yellow Acropora Caroliniana, can't wait for these to color up

DSC_0218_531.jpg

DSC_0220_532.jpg

Also started getting some of my stuff to start Zeovit, The Zeobac and Carbon are backordered though

DSC_0221_533.jpg

Beautiful frags and FTS!

Thank you :)

Added a second Vortech MP40wES, got them running reef crest mode anti-sync on both ends of the tank.

Not many more updates going to be coming to this thread since I am upgrading to a new tank in the next month or so. Its going to be a 210!!! Already ordered the custom made stand and canopy, can't wait.

Back