Do I have to much lighting???

AHill40

reefer head
Hello every one I hope all is well.... My friends, I Got a killer deal today a friend of my had just bought him self a new set of m.h. lights the other day and I told him I was looking to by some t5 lights and he cool man Ill sell you mine Which i really didnt know what he was useing so I said cool how much he said 50 bucks, I about fell over:bowdown:, he said he had Two sets of 48" glo's, any ways each fixture had to two bulbs each 50/50 the whites and the blue you know what i mean, 54 whatts each.... My question is ,is this to much light? he said he thought it might be but i have seen other 55gl tanks that have had 4x54 whatt bulbs over them. my fish and coral what little coral i have really seem to dig it. my tank sure looks a lot different really cool. there two sets of lights so i put both blue in one fixture and the whites in the other fixture because these lights did not have on and off switches. I know I should run both lights but When is best to run just the blue actinic, i have seen people do this and Im still trying to understand the sychence on how these lights should be ran ...I hope ive not confused any one... I know some one in here Can help me... Thanks Art.... I also got a 12" bluemoon light with it, i thought I got a good deal.:^:

that is a good deal, i would run the actinic lights one hour before the whites come on and an hour after the lights come on. for example

8:00am actinics come on
9:00am daylights come on
8:00pm daylights go off
9:00pm actinic go off

that is a good deal, i would run the actinic lights one hour before the whites come on and an hour after the lights come on. for example

8:00am actinics come on
9:00am daylights come on
8:00pm daylights go off
9:00pm actinic go off

I think you mean "after the lights go off".

Back