Do these soft corals look healthy?

Ourfish

Reefing newb
We're about to buy a used red sea max 130 with live rock and soft corals. The seller emailed us these pictures of the corals. He said they need some TLC.
Do they look alright? Any bad signs or parasites we should be aware of?

IMG_1938.jpg

IMG_1939.jpg

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1941.jpg

That first pic is an aptasia farm. They are pest you will want to get rid of. Everything else looks okay, the Sunset looks a bit faded but it might just be a bad photo.

Aiptasias are big pest anemones that sting and kill other corals and even fish. Shame on someone for trying to sell them to you as corals!

The rest of the pictures are actually corals though, and do look good.

Just head to your LFS and pick up some Aptaisa X. Use that to inject into them andthey will shrivel and die on the spot. It is safe for the rest of the tank so don't be afraid to go to town on them.

The Aptasia X is the best, fastest and safest method. It shouldn't take you that long, and after you start doing it, believe me, you'll enjoy it, lol.

Aiptasias are big pest anemones that sting and kill other corals and even fish. Shame on someone for trying to sell them to you as corals!

The rest of the pictures are actually corals though, and do look good.

I don't think he was trying to sell them to us as coral. He said that the tank needs some TLC and I think he was showing us what he meant. We just looked at it and thought it was a type of coral. lol

If it was me, I'd run out, get the Aptasia X, and a couple Pepermint Shrimp. What you miss with the Aptasia X, the Pepermints should take care of.

How do you tell if coral is healthy or not when buying from LFS? I want to add this LR piece with all this coral attached. Is it healthy? And see below my most recent stats. Guy in fish store said it would be good idea and ok to add this coral.
IMG_2082.JPG
IMG_2084.PNG
IMG_2083.jpg

Back