Dog face or corals?

I have a nice dog face I love him alot,but I want to have corals again..the thing is with out corals the tank look plain..what should I do....?what would you do?

He went for small zoo rock that I had..i was thinking if I feed him enough food he wont eat corals.he didnt eat my flower pot. Or star polyp...sorry 4 my spelling

Unfortunately many fish like Zoanthids. I once had a Tang that picked the heck out of some pink ones I had. Maybe he just liked pink. :dunno:

Once they (any fish) takes a liking to a certain coral, it will likely continue to pick at it until it's gone or you remove one or the other. If it's already eaten them once it will probably do it again. I stay completely away from Triggers and Puffers. They have always picked at my corals.

I think you should give it another shot. Maybe stay away from the things he picked at before... start with some mushrooms maybe?

I was told by my LFS that fish that would normally eat inverts leave cleaners alone because of the white antenna.
I have a 6 inch Niger Trigger... I added 5 Peppermint Shrimp probably six or so months ago. He ate all but one of them. I added a Skunk cleaner a couple months ago. He left it alone. I think it's hit and miss... but so far mine has been okay. I always let them out close to the rocks so they can find hiding spots. When I let the peppermints out, the trigger sat right in front of where they were hiding, waiting for one of them to mess up and come too far forward so he could eat it. He never did that with the cleaner. He just wanted a detail...

I hope he doesnt eat my new corals.a green candy cane, and another that I dont know the name..somethina xa?..i got home and the lights were off I look closer and I saw 5 hermit crabs amd two snails..i taught they were dead.

Back