dosing

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
Looking for an experienced/sps answer on this..

So, debating on whether to get a 2 or 3 pump GHL doser. The 3rd pumo would be for dosing spurts of coral food overnight. What are your thoughts on this?
Also, a lot of the products suggest refrigerating after opening (like oyster feast, etc). Besides putting ridiculously small amounts and constantly having to top off to keep it "fresh", any good ways around it?
Any good zoo/phyto foods that don't require much refrigeration? I was thinking cyclo, but it would settle to the bottom and not stay uniform in a mixture.

Thanks!
Alex

I have seen auto feeders that use a wine chiller/cooler to keep foods cold. It's hooked up to a doser. I'll find the article for you when I have time to search!

Every coral food I have seen needs to be refrigerated. And they all settle as they sit. You could maybe put Phyto in something like a kalk dose and set it up to trickle, maybe oyster feast as well. Not sure how well that would work.

Thanks Biff, that's awesome!

Yeah, fast, that's what it seems. I'll probably just manually feed that (probably better, anyway, so I can spot feed and waste less). I did like the idea, though, of having everything run by the GHL: Vortechs spool back, a squirt of food is added, then 5 minutes, once polyps open up, some more food comes out.

Ok, follow on question - having a "feed" mode, and turning the main pump on/off 2-3 times a day - I'm thinking this will prematurely wear the pump?

Back