Dual wrasse

The sixline can be quite mean sometimes and I`ve heard you should not mix wrasses or have more than one in a tank. I `ve heard of some bad results if you do.

9 times out of 10,a six-line is going to be aggessive towards other wrasses.
But I think you can get away with like 2 fairys or 2 carpenters.

6lines need plenty of hiding places in the LR. If you have many caves, holes, etc. this will incrase the chances that they can live in the same tank.

which is exactly what happened to mine. I had a 6 line. Woman at LFS told me they should be fine. New lubbock wrasse was getting the crap kicked out of him until he had enough and sent the 6 line carpet surfing a few days later. I had plenty of places for them to chill but at feeding time the gloves came off. Waste of 30 dollars. thank you Trish.

I have kept sixlines with fairy wrasses, and several different types of fairies and flashers in same tanks with no aggression. Maybe my sixlines have just been the exception to the rule.

If you added them at the same time you just might get away with it. There is a risk with any wrasse jumping out so you need to make sure the top is covered.

That Trish is a stupid B....

Well I guess in this instance she was but usually she is a great alternative to That Fish Place. Her livestock is usually much healthier and she is only a few minutes away. Apparently her theory wasn't completely unfounded. She has her moments.

Back