duncan frags

parrotchute

DUSTOFF MEDEVAC
I've got a duncan that's getting pretty big, but it's a hard part of my tank to see! I want to frag it and move a piece where I can see it.

Are there any easy ways to frag them?

cut the skeleton below the fleshy part try not to harm the fleshy pary at all since it is live and the skeleton is not. than just glue or epoxy the skeleton to a rock or frag tile or plug. a small hacksaw, tin snips, or a bone cutter will work great to make a clean cut

That's the problem, they are all clustered so tightly next to each other, not sure how I can cut the skeleton and miss the flesh.

Thats the problem I got with my Duncans.There are probably 30 or so heads all clustered together so tight that I cant frag em.

I have the same problem as well. My duncans are growing right on top of each other. I"m guessing I don't have a branching duncan...if there is such a thing as a non-branching duncan. Either way, I'm happy with them and they look cool. Good luck with the fragging!

My LFS tried fragging one the other day when I was in their, Let me tell you not a pretty site. Maybe a chisel wedge between the flesh on an outer one with one good shot should severe a head.

Come on just do it in the tank :) jk

Maybe pull the rock out and place into a tote where it is just submerged so you get a game plan and coarse of action.

It's supporting a bunch of other rocks, would be difficult.
Going to just have to wait until it gets bigger. I bought it around January as 2-heads and now it has about 12!!

My LFS frags duncans all the time. They have a giant mother colony (100+ heads) and they just break them off for people that want to buy a frag. That's where my frag came from. Oh until it died in the Great Kalk Overdose of 2010.

2 heads to 12 in a few months?! im jealous... my frag is has 3 heads and ive had it for about a month now and no new heads in sight. The 3 heads did get much larger and they are fully open every day... i even feed it like once or twice a week and still nothing.

2 heads to 12 in a few months?! im jealous... my frag is has 3 heads and ive had it for about a month now and no new heads in sight. The 3 heads did get much larger and they are fully open every day... i even feed it like once or twice a week and still nothing.

Feed that SOB everyday and it'll shoot some babies out! :mrgreen:

Back