Durso Overlows Drilling

Waddi

Shenanigans?
Well so im going to put a U bend in my overlow, i have seen many new designs, but im going with what the tank had before, the only reason is the old overflows were filled with poop, and it was hammered in instead of sealed. So im just wondering if this design is ok, since im seeing new types of durso overflows :?

So here is my crude drawing for you folks of what im planning to do:

Untitled-2.jpg

This is what im doing it like, better than a crude drawing! ;)

15581d1296582606-ultra-noob-question-about-noise-new-aquarium-marineland200120.jpg

Last edited:
this is mine on my duals....wow it was so clean back then LOL I think that 'T' shape for the top is important to the design.

DSC03763.jpg

It''s worked perfect. I just cleaned the hole on top recently....salt creep...it was slowing down the suction.

I think mine is essentially the same, just mine instead of the t piece i have a solid airline rising up.

Hmmm now im confused at what height they should be at, maybe lower than the trim at the top of the tank or....
And how much water should be in/behind the overlow seperator, thing, chamber whatever its called.

HAHA, mine are adjustable for height in the overflow. Right now they are set so the water line in the over flow is about an inch below where the water actually flows into it.

If that makes any sense.

Yea, like an inch below the water line in the DT.
I think getting all the water lines sorted and the sump line sorted is going to be the hardest part!!
Fingers crossed!!
Anyone else??

Back