dwarf angels and butterfly fish

powderbluetang

Reefing newb
hey guys,

more noobie questions for ya, i would like to get a flame angel and coral beauty angel in my tank as well as a false percula butterfly fish, can more than one angel coexist peacefully? and if they can, will a butterfly fish be ok with them?

thanks guys

I don't know that they would be all right together in a 55.
I think the flame would bully the beauty.
I had one of each that I added at the same time, and I think the only reason the flame tolerated the beauty was because he would always be on the opposite end of the tank (I have a 150).
What is a false percula butterfly?
I think most butterflies need at least 75 gallons...

They will most likely fight. It's rare that those two angels get along, and when they do, it usually has to be a very large tank.

What kind of butterfly are your thinking of? Most are not reef safe, and they can be difficult to keep.

sorry haha wrong name for the butterfly, its a double saddle butterfly and it says on liveaquaria.com they only need at least 50 gallons, but thanks for the info on the angels!

I think that's one of the easier butterflies, so it should be fine for your tank. But not if you plan on keep corals or a reef tank.

Get the Flame, Coral beauties are a dime a dozen but the coloring of the Flame against some of the more colorful corals....WOW

sorry haha wrong name for the butterfly, its a double saddle butterfly and it says on liveaquaria.com they only need at least 50 gallons, but thanks for the info on the angels!

Every saddleback Butterfly I've ever seen at an LFS was either floating upside down, or laying on the ground getting ready to start floating upside down.:shock:

Get the Flame, Coral beauties are a dime a dozen but the coloring of the Flame against some of the more colorful corals....WOW

So are flames,get a bluefin or a multicolor....JMO,
plus ,i never put to much stock into those minimum tank requirements ....most are just guessing games IMO.. Not trying to spoil your party,but a 55 really is a small tank for a lot of saltwater fish....1 dwarf would be good for a 55,and i would also avoid any butterflies,they are just to delicate

LiveAquaria states 30 Gallon minimum keep up on your water changes I have had mine in my JBJ for months If you stop to think there is not a big enough tank anywhere these things come out of the ocean which is the biggest tank I have ever seen.:D

Back