Dwarf Angels

Melanie

Reefing newb
Hello all =]

I was just wondering what opinions everyone had on the dwarf angelfish. I am curious to see the different preferences people have on this site seeing as my father and i have very different ones. So my oveall question: Which one is your favorite?

I like them as well although my father doesn't which presents an issue to what i'd like to put in the 46 gallon tank that i just set up. I've heard of people having a lot of success with beauties in their reef tanks, they do niip a little at coral but not in excess.

My coral beauty is awesome. So many other awesome angels. Potters and golden angels are very nice looking. I think in my next upgrade I'm gonna try a golden. I hear they go after SPS but no one in my local club has had a problem with LPS corals.

I love the goldens! I think I might end up getting a lemon peel, but i would soo rather get something along the lines of a potters/golden/coral beauty. I've never heard of excessive problems with nipping in any of the smaller angels excluding the bicolor angel. I can't wait to pick mine out.

I always liked the Flame Angels myself.
But like Mike said,theres a chance they'll become a head ache in a reef tank.

FWIW

...our dwarf coral beauty is doing ok with the corals and such...granted the experiment is only 3 weeks in running :mrgreen:

Attachments

• sz dwarf coral beauty and kole yellow eye tang.jpg
    sz dwarf coral beauty and kole yellow eye tang.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 386
I like them as well although my father doesn't which presents an issue to what i'd like to put in the 46 gallon tank that i just set up. I've heard of people having a lot of success with beauties in their reef tanks, they do niip a little at coral but not in excess.

I have to differ with you. I had a coral beauty and a keyhole and they destroyed some corals of mine and I had to break the tank down to get them out.Some folks say you can have them in a reef but I`ll never have one in my reef again. I almost lost everything because of them dwarf angels.

Does a Cherub (Pygmy) Angel count as a dwarf angel? If so, I love mine. Very personal little guy, I can almost touch him... he seems intrigued by my finger more than frightened by it.

We have a coral beauty, rustic, and a bicolor angel and none of them nip at our corals. We love our angels and wouldnt trade them for any other fish except maybe for an achillies tang just kidding :mrgreen:

I have a coral beauty but I only have shrooms and zoanthids in the tank with some Kenya mainly. I'm hoping he starts eating the Kenya. But I doubt that happens.

I have to differ with you. I had a coral beauty and a keyhole and they destroyed some corals of mine and I had to break the tank down to get them out.Some folks say you can have them in a reef but I`ll never have one in my reef again. I almost lost everything because of them dwarf angels.

I guess it varies from specimen to specimen.

Back